- The boy who takes your virginity is only going to love you long enough for you to stay in his bed.
- Your first job is never the best job. But you’ll meet some of your best friends there.
- Sometimes things don’t go the way you expect them to at all.
- People are usually never who they say they are.
- If you love someone, you need to tell them. Nobody is good at the guessing game.
- If your best friends don’t like the boy you’re involving yourself with, chances are he’s bad news.
- If a boy starts an invitation with, “Are you home alone”/”I’ll be home alone”, say no. You are a human being, not a toy to be played with.
- If some boy invites you to “the backseat of his truck”, he’s a piece of shit. Tell him to fuck himself.
- “Sorry” doesn’t always fix what you messed up.
- Stop wasting time wishing you could take back what you already did.
- You are at fault sometimes.
- There’s going to be a boy that you let get away. Yes, you loved him. It’s for the best, though.
- Toxic people hardly ever start off toxic.
- It’s always nice to make new friends, but never forget who your real friends are.
- Never lose the friends that would answer their phone at 3am if you called
- Never lose sight of who you are because of a boy.
Ultimate proof that cats are smart !!! more smart cats«
Cat intelligence is actually a pretty interesting topic in that the majority of studies on the subject basically have to end in the conclusion "we just don’t know" because cats are among the most uncooperative research subjects of all time. We know a great deal of cat sight, having used cats as the archetype for a vision-focused vertebrate/mammal, but we still know very little about what really goes on inside the cat mind.
If you like this list of life hacks, follow ListOfLifeHacks for more like it!
I love how this post is like “Oh, clean up some of the nastiest, hard to clean shit with coke!” but doesn’t mention “Hey, you actually ingest this stuff that can clean CORRODED CAR BATTERIES.”
Heyyy this is because when you put carbon dioxide to make the carbonated water, you get carbonic acid. Carbonic acid varies in how much the pH is, especially in the different coke products. Strong enough to dissolve rust but not steel or any of the metals mentioned here.
But here’s the thing, carbonic acid is not one of the 6 strong acids. You know what is one of those? Hydrocholric acid. You know where you naturally secrete hydrocholric acid? Your stomach. Hydrochloric acid is some nasty stuff and WILL eat away at a screw if allowed to soak long enough. If you ever got just drop of a diluted solution on your skin in chem lab, then you can see where that would happen very easily.
The stronger acid wins. Your tummy is fine when you drink coke. Your tummy makes acid strong enough to fuck that corroded battery up. It can handle a can of coke. Please don’t swallow a screw or something to test this tho, please.
thank you science side of tumblr <3
Seriously. You could probably do all of these with lemon juice (citric acid) or vinegar (ethanoic, or acetic, acid) just because acids work in pretty similar ways. Actually, when you see people recommending vinegar as a household cleaner? This is what it’s doing!
Also, as someone who has accidentally inhaled hydrochloric acid fumes, TRUST ME, THE CARBONIC ACID IS MUCH BETTER.
Every time I see a hysterical post on modern food I just kinda point and laugh
Because dude. Dude. You know what you breathe in and out every fucking second to survive? Oxygen. An incredibly corrosive gas that is probably responsible for more deaths across the history of the planet than anything else. Not only that, it’s a biproduct of photosynthesis. You literally rely on plant excretions to survive
Do you know what most of your body is made up of? Water. Which, given enough time, will destroy anything.
That morning coffee you like? Well shit, caffeine - lifeblood to many - is actually an incredibly potent nerve toxin (If you’re an insect). Plants actually produce that shit as an insecticide.
That refreshing zing from citrus? Acid. That juicy smack of a tomato? Acid and cadmium. That tart in an apple? Arsenic. That seasoning you put all over your fish and chips? Acid strong enough to destroy seashells - life that has evolved to survive living in a salt-drenched sea.
Stop being a tit and drink your damned coke.
EVERYTHING. IS. CHEMICALS.
It IS safe to say though that drinking/eating too many acidic foods CAN damage some things such as the esophagus or teeth - but it does require QUITE a lot of acid.